Marinated cheese is simply the best accompaniment to olives, breads, boreks and everything else on the breakfast or brunch table. The cheese gets better as it stands, so make sure to prepare it ahead of time and don’t throw away the olive oil after you finish the cheese, you can use it to marinate more cheese.
- Goat’s cheese or feta cheese
- 4 bay leaves (preferably fresh)
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 10 black or white pepper corns
- 4 small dried red peppers (or fresh when in season)
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sterilize the jars, set them aside. Cut the cheese into bite size pieces.
- Place a bay leaf into each jar, then add the cheese and put the thyme sprigs between the cheese pieces. Add 5-6 pepper corns and one whole red pepper to each jar, pour enough olive oil to cover the cheese and finally place another bay leaf in each jar. Close the lid tightly and refrigerate. They will be ready in a few days.