I really like the color of this fruit that shines like a sun. I also enjoy its bitter taste when it is unripe (I recommend you buy the ripest ones if you are trying it for the first time). When I feel a bit tired or want to store energy before exercising, I prepare this mixture. Winter is coming, it will be cold, if you have family members who are sensitive to cold or who suffer from anemia, remember that its cure is persimmon. If you can find its leaves, they can be used for hair and skin care, it can also be used as a natural cleaning product. I liked this feature but since it is impossible for me to find its leaves now, I’ll be sharing this delicious drink recipe with you to have a winter without any illnesses.
For 1 glass;
- 1 ripe persimmon
- 1 glass of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream (optional)
- You can use the persimmon as peeled or unpeeled. Quarter and seed the persimmon (if there are seeds). Cut out a thin slice to decorate it.
- Measure the milk with the glass you will use.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender. Pour it into the glass and decorate it with the sliced persimmon.
- The riper the persimmon is, the smoother and sweeter your milkshake will be. If it is not ripe enough sweeten it with honey.
- If you want you can prepare it with yogurt instead of milk.
- When buying persimmons choose the ripest ones. If it isn’t ripe enough keep it at room temperature for a while and use it when it is ripe.
You might also like: