Celeriac and apple are now in season and this soup is good for you. Even if you don't like celeriac, give this soup recipe a try, it will be pleasant experience. Enjoy!
- 1 large celeriac
- 1 small potato, (if desired)
- 1 onion
- 1 liter vegetable broth (chicken broth or beef broth can also be used)
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Dice the onion and sauté it with two tablespoon of water ower low heat.
- Add diced celery, potato and two tablespoon of olive oil and sauté all of them for 5 minutes. Add water or broth and the bay leaf and cook them at low heat until the vegetables soften. Just before the vegetables are cooked, peel and core an apple, quarter it and add itto the vegetables. When the apple pieces are cooked remove the soup from heat.
- Remove the bay leaf and mash it with a blender. Season the soup with salt and freshly ground black pepper. If you cooked it with vegetable broth, add the butter and mix it.
- Garnish with apple slices and a celery leaf. Serve it hot with homemade bread.
You might also like: