This is my favourite tomato soup recipe. First I will give you an important tip, choose vine ripened, dark red tomatoes with a thin skin to make this soup. Also, using a variety of tomatoes will ensure the perfect taste, flavor and color.Ingredients:
- 2.2 lbs or 1 kg mixed tomatos
- 1 onion
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- Fresh thyme, parsley and basil
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- ½ cup cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the onion, cut the garlic and tomatos into large chunks, transfer them to a baking tray. Add all the herbs except for the bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Bake the vegetables in an oven preheated to 230°C or 450°F until tomatos and onions soften.
- Then transfer it to saucepan, add chicken broth or water and the bay leaves and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat, discard bay leaves and puree with a blender, add cream, if using and a little more olive oil. Rectify the seasoning with salt and pepper. Enjoy.
You might also like: