Cabbage can be used in a variety of dishes such as, cabbage stew, stuffed cabbage leaves, salads or pickle. Here, I'm going to give a stuffed cabbage recipe.Ingredients:
- 1 medium cabbage,
- 5-6 piece of rib,
- 1 lemon
- 6-7 clove of garlic
- 500 g ground meat
- ¾ cup rice
- 1 big onion
- Fresh mint, parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt, pepper and red pepper
- Place a few cabbage leaves on the bottom of the clay pot. Place ribs over leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the core of the cabbage with a knife. Place the cabbage in hot water. Then put into cold water and separate the leaves.
- In a bowl, mix finely chopped onion, fresh herbs and the remaining ingredients for the meat mixture.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture on each cabbage leaf and fold the leaves.
- Place them into the clay pot. Put garlic between the stuffed cabbage leaves.
- Fill the clay pot with water to reach half the side of the pan, stir lemon juice, 2 teaspoons dried mint and 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and pour into the stew pan. Put a plate on the stuffed cabbage leaves. Wrap stew pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook 15 min. over medium heat, then 45 min. over low heat.
You might also like: